Eternal Marriage


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

She's Arrived! :)

Bethanie Lynn is here at last and we are completely overjoyed! We love her to pieces! I just cannot get enough of her...I could just sit and stare at her all day long. She is beautiful.

Friday, November 6th, we sat around waiting ALL DAY LONG for a call from the hospital to let us know when we could come in for my induction. All of the waiting just about drove me insane. Finally, at 9:03 pm we received the long awaited call. We were told to come to the hospital as soon as we could and they would get me right in for my induction.

After arriving at the hospital we were taken to our room and the fun began. Around 11:20 pm that night the process was started and I was given a cervix softener...this basically made me have contractions ALL NIGHT LONG to help my cervix thin out enough to start the actual induction. I asked for a sleeping pill thinking that I would definitely need a good night's sleep before everything happened...well, the sleeping pill FAILED! I got no sleep whatsoever that night. Then around 11 Saturday morning they started the pitocin drip.

I asked for an Epidural when the contractions became too much to bear. I felt great after the Epidural was in...and it was just a long day of waiting. Well, around 9 or so that night I was feeling a lot of pressure and pain that I should not be feeling, so I asked what they could do for the pain. They sent in another guy to give me another Epidural because they said the first one must have just been wearing off. So, I got the 2nd Epidural and went completely numb from waste down...I was feeling great again. Then around 10 the doctor came in to check me and we all thought that I wouldn't be ready for another couple hours...but guess what? TEN!!!!! WOO HOO!! The doctor said to let the Epidural take effect and she'd be back to check on me in a while. Well, 11:00 pm rolls around and we are pumped and ready to go. We did some practice pushes and started to get real nervous. The showtime lights came on, the bed was transformed into a labor "chair" and we were ready. I started pushing around 11:15 and didn't know if it would ever end.

Bryan was amazing through this whole process...he fed me ice chips (not too many because quite frankly you just aren't in the mood for anything while pushing). He also kept my face cool with a washcloth because I was dying! He told me over and over how great I was doing and how amazing I was. It was nice to hear because like I said...I thought it would never end.

Midnight rolls around and the nurse looks up and says, "Well, I guess it won't be an 11/7 baby." And then 22 minutes later, Bethanie Lynn Rector was born. They put her up on me and she was beautiful! She came out with a cute little pouty lip. Bryan cut the umbilical cord and says that it was much harder than he thought it would be. He had to nip at it 3 times to finally get it to cut. I think he was glad he did it.

Bryan and the nurse took care of Bethanie while the doctor took care of me and we were all extremely happy and of course exhausted!

Bethanie Lynn was born at 12:22 on November 8, 2009. She weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz and was 21 inches long. She is beautiful and we are so excited to be parents.

We stayed in the hospital until they finally let us go home Tuesday afternoon. It is great to be home and we are loving it all even though I still have not slept as much as I need...but it's ok, being a Mom is better than sleep. ;)

Packed and ready to go

My beautiful blue baby :)

Bryan was right there making sure Bethanie was taken care of

So proud...and SO tired :)

Our beautiful little girl

Glad my hospital bed was comfy for someone! :)

Bethanie's Hospital Picture...she's gorgeous!


  1. Great story!!! Looks like an easy labor too!! She's precious!! Congratulations again!!